Question: Conceiving a baby

Pen86 - Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:35 pm

Due to being Prone to Urininry Tract Infections, my local doctor has told me to make sure i go to the toilet immediately after sexual intercourse, My parter and i are about to start trying to concieve a baby, i really hate getting these infections and without going to the toilet after sex i seem to get them straight away, i am worried that the sperm comes out when i go to the toilet. :cry: We really want a baby, to go to the toilet or not to go to the toilet? Is my question.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:03 am

User avatar Hi Pen86,
Go to the toilet after intercourse. This prohibits bacteria from entering your urinary tract and helps prevent urinary tract infections. Although it seems that when you use the bathroom after intercourse, the sperm comes out as well, (not all of it). Semen is the sperms transport vehicle, and they may number in the millions. For example, in a ml,(teaspoon) of semen there can be 20 million sperm. One of them will likely find its way to where they belong :)