Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Conceiving a baby

Pen86 - Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:35 pm

Due to being Prone to Urininry Tract Infections, my local doctor has told me to make sure i go to the toilet immediately after sexual intercourse, My parter and i are about to start trying to concieve a baby, i really hate getting these infections and without going to the toilet after sex i seem to get them straight away, i am worried that the sperm comes out when i go to the toilet. :cry: We really want a baby, to go to the toilet or not to go to the toilet? Is my question.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:03 am

User avatar Hi Pen86,
Go to the toilet after intercourse. This prohibits bacteria from entering your urinary tract and helps prevent urinary tract infections. Although it seems that when you use the bathroom after intercourse, the sperm comes out as well, (not all of it). Semen is the sperms transport vehicle, and they may number in the millions. For example, in a ml,(teaspoon) of semen there can be 20 million sperm. One of them will likely find its way to where they belong :)
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us