Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pain in pelvis/leg after a Cervical Polyp

kitreed - Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:16 pm

On 3/13/09 I had a large cervical polyp removed. I bled for a couple of weeks. a pain started a couple days after the removal in my lower right pelvic.groin area. my right leg also started giving out and then the pain. I had an ultrasound done this past Friday and the tech said that maybe I had a pinched nerve due to the procedure. I drank a lot of water for the ultrasound but could not really feel it in my bladder. The tech said that I looked too comfortable, but I was full. In the last few days the pain has intensified and it is difficult to walk..my lower right pelvic area is tender when I touch it. it also hurts to bend forward sometimes..I have been running a fever, 99.9, though I never get fevers..I am not sure if this is something that I should get checked out, or if it is just a nerve that is causing the pain, and my leg giving out on me..I have almost fallen down due to the leg giving out. I have never had anything like this before, and am truly confused. Thank you..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:52 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would check this out with the doctor. It may or may not be related but any unusual symptoms following a medical procedure should be reported.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us