Question: Bleeding during pregnancy but no pain

ssysdmn - Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:25 am

I have never been pregnant before so this is my first time and i have no idea what to expect so i guess you can say that i am a bit scared. I am 4 Weeks along in my pregnancy and have been bleeding off and on in the past couple of days. AT first it was a dark brown then to light pink and now it was red in the past day. I have had people tell me this was normal and it should subside in a day or two and then others tell me that i need to go in right away. I would like to do that but i have no way of paying for anything due to that i got no kind of medical right now and really tight with money since i'm not gettign the hours that i would like. Any help would be great at this time. I tend to get really scared when something like this happens
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:43 am

User avatar Dear ssysdmn,

Please, report this immediately to the doctor.

Any bleeding any time during pregnancy has to be immediately reported to your doctor.

There are causes for bleeding in early pregnancy including abortion.

Please, call the doctor now.

If you don't have medical insurance, there are free clinics now more than it has ever been. Please, try and find one and go there immediately. They are usually affiliated with religious institutions like churches or hospitals sponsored by those religious institutions.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:44 pm

You have to find a way to get to the doctor or you may have serious complications. It is a good idea since you are pregnant and financially strapped that you have an idea of all the resources you can use in your community in the event of an emergency with your pregnancy. I suggest doing it before anything arises needing attention. Bleeding in pregnancy is NEVER normal and don't take anyone's advice on that but a trained professional. Thanks and best wishes. Charleen