Question: Pubic swelling

msd - Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:35 pm

I have been experiencing periodic swelling on rite side of my pubic region for the last 2 months. The doctor has ruled out lymph node enlargement due to it's location.Swelling is hard with defined margins , almost like a lump.I've noticed it's occurance more after physical activites that involve bending down or exercise of my lower abs.It is tender and at times painful.it's not red or hot. I'd noticed it the first time 2 months ago a week before my monthy cycle.It reduced and disappeared after I got my period. Next month the same thing happened. I went to my doctor....and there was no swelling by then.This month , which is the third month , it's frequency has increased and I find it there after physical activities I mentioned earlier. it's getting more painful too. I have no kids nor have I been pregnant before.I'm getting worried about this lump now.I've had pelvic exam, ultra sound and blood work done....but no significant findings.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:39 pm

User avatar Dear msd,

i think that you might have a hernia. Please, ask your doctor if this could be a hernia.

A hernia comes and goes and it appears whenever there is an increase in the intra-abdominal pressure and disappears whenever the intra-abdominal pressure goes down.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.