Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: conception

mrszigzag2001 - Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:29 am

i got pregnant and i would like to know exactly when last period july 19,2004 they gave me a date of delivery for april 26 2005 dec 7 the ultrsound said i was 20 weeks. went in for a visit on dec 31 and mesured 26 weeks now i think it might be someone elses baby please help me. :( :cry: :cry:
 Shelly S, RN - Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:47 am

Hi there, I think I will hopefully become a person who works on this site soon because I know a good amount about pregnancy, conception, and birth. So I am gonna try to answer your question now:

FIrst of all, it is normal to sometimes measure ahead or behind. Usually, most women measure 0-2 weeks ahead, or behind. On December 31st, you were about 23 weeks pregnant. Measuring 26 weeks could mean a bigger baby, or it could mean a lot of other things.

The important question to ask yourself is, who else did you have sex with around the time you conceived this baby? Did you have sex with more than one person in the month of July or August? If there was only ONE person in those 2 months, it is probably their child; although only a paternity test can truly confirm that.

Best of Luck,
Shelly, SN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us