Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: What are my Chances of Pregnancy

Pen86 - Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:54 pm

I am 18 years old nearly 19, my financee and I have decided to have a baby, we are both very excited, I have a normal menstural cycle (being 28 days), and my fertile days were from Sunday Jan 16th till today Wednesday Jan 19th, we have had sex every day. I am just wondering what the percentage or chances are of us concieving first time? I think i have been on almost every site there is to know about conception but the percentages on conception are mostly for people 40+. So being young how high is the percentage for conception in the first month?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:39 am

User avatar Getting pregnant isn't always easy. Very few couples conceive on the first try. In fact, even if everything is absolutely in perfect working order, you only have a 20-25% chance of conception each month. If you are under 30 (as in your case), and haven't conceived in 12 months, you should make an appointment to see your doctor as there could be some issues at play with are preventing you from getting pregnant. If you are over 35, and haven't succeeded in getting pregnant in six months, make an appointment to see your doctor, as infertility issues become more prevelant the older you get. If you are over 40, then do not delay in getting medical help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us