Question: Artificial or Real Insemination

baby2009ontheway - Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:39 am

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant and we finally did it. On October 29th we did artificial insemination, but then I had a period from November 9th-13th, seemed like a normal period, so I assumed the insem didn't take. My husband and I kept trying using ovulation predictors and had sex on November 23rd. I didn't get a positive test until Dec 10th. The Dr's office went by my last missed period and determined I am approximately 22 weeks now. The measurements say I'm only about 20 1/2 weeks. So, all this said, you can see why I am so confused. I am wondering now, could I be any further along? Was it the artificial insem or the real thing? If it were the artificial insem that would make me about 26 weeks. Is it possible for the baby to just be small? Or is it more likely that me and my husband being together that got me pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Of course the baby could be small but dating by ultrasound is usually accurate within two weeks so is is highly unlikely you would be 26 weeks along. I see no reason you might not have become pregnant with direct intercourse so if I were to guess I would say this was the case.