Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: feeling nasious while on Period, Can I B Preg.?

Nisi - Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:03 am

I have heard from different people that you can still get pregnant even if your on your period... My situation is my boyfriend and i had sexual intercourse and he pulled out a little too late, i took a test like 2 days after and it said that it was negative, well i started my period a week later and im starting to feel nausious, i never feel nausious when im on my period. Could it be posible that i am pregnant?? Can i take a test while i am on my period or should i wait till after i am done and if so then how long after should i wait so i can take a test. I don't know what to do im only 19 and scared.
 NikkyLeClair - Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:30 pm

I'm not a doctor, but just thought I would reply since both times I got pregnant I was on my period, thinking "what are the chances?". Also, you can't take a pregnancy test until 3-5 days before your missed period. Hope this helps.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us