Question: Dark Blood After Intercourse

acec20047 - Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I have recently started having a dark brown, almost black discharge from my vagina. I notice it more during and after sexual intercourse. It also hurts to urinate sometimes. I was just checked at the gyno and I am clean. What could this be and how can I stop it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 pm

It usually means old blood and there's really nothing you can do to stop it. You may have it come and go at times but it is not harmful, particularly when you know there is nothing wrong such as infection. May women experience this at times. This is when pantyliners come in handy.