Question: pregnancy soon after a LS cesarian

harisker - Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:37 am

Dr,
i had LS cesarean on last august 2008.
i was not having periods due to breast feeding
now i came to know that i'm one month pregnant in april 2009.
is there complications in my pregnancy/ next cesarean/ new baby ?
please let me know the facts
thanks

Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:17 pm

While a little more time is ideal, plenty of women give birth again soon after a cesarean. Your doctor will be aware of your situation and I'm sure will be watching for anything of concern. The incision heals quickly and in most cases it will hold up. You do have a slightly greater risk of uterine rupture, but keep in mind, this is a risk in all pregnancies to some degree, even when there has been no c-section in the past.

The most important thing for you to do now is be sure your nutritional stores are good by eating well and taking a multivitamin.

Good luck with your pregnancy.