Question: Have a UTI, can that make my period late?

BellaD09 - Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am

I am almost a month late, but have been on antibiotics for a UTI for a week now. A urinary sample was taken at the doctor's office, and nothing was said about being pregnant. I have not actually had sexual intercourse, but my boyfriend I have fooled around. Could the UTI have caused a missed period? I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant, but at the same time I've never missed a period before, and if I was pregnant that wouldn't that have shown up in the urine sample? I did tell my doctor that I had just started a new job, working more hours and in a higher position, and that i had a lot of school things going on, so she said that stress may cause my late period. I have never wanted to start my period so much before!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:56 pm

I would not expect a UTI to cause a missed period but every woman is different and most miss a period now and again without being pregnant. With the ease of home pregnancy tests, I would recommend you do that for peace of mind.