Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: loss of sensation during intercourse

 gotmeg07 - Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:54 pm

Went from very sensitive, to almost being able to feel nothing. Can no longer reach orgasm given the same stimulation... Change occurred within a period of 2 weeks. Also notable: lump in right lymph node in pelvic area, cheesy discharge.

Possible diagnosis?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat May 02, 2009 6:38 pm

User avatar Hello,
A cheesy discharge could indicate an infection such as yeast overgrowth and should be treated. It's possible this is just a temporary condition, perhaps even with psychological basis rather than physical. Be sure to use a lubricant and arousal techniques. Also, for women, the relationship itself usually must be good in order for sex to be good, so examine those factors.

I would not panic yet, but give things time to worth themselves out.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us