Question: Clitoris Pain

Vanilla73 - Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 pm

For the past 6 months I have had pain in the clitoris when I approach orgasm. Instead of being a pleasurable experience, it's a painful one. I was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection 6 months ago, my first. Shortly thereafter this problem started. It doesn't hurt while having sex intially, but the more I get aroused and get closer to orgasm that's when the pain starts. After sex there is still some pain not much and it doesn't last long. I have the same problem with oral sex. The pain is the same each time, it is not getting worse or better. I have enjoyed a healthy sex life with my husband for 7 years; this is a problem. Please help. Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Clitorodynia is considered to be a subset of vulvodynia. It is important that you be checked for any infection or traumatic injury. If there is nothing of that nature, sometimes a physical therapist can help by working with nerves, muscles and trigger points. This is a manual therapy that is done over a period of weeks. Talk to your doctor about a referral for someone who does this.