Question: no monthly in 6 weeks

MzVenge - Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:56 pm

Im 43 yrs old (44 in march)I have had my monthly every 3rd week of each month for years,untill this month..The last on that I had was dec 12,2004..
I did some reasearch on vasectomy failure rate ,1 in about 2000...
My soon to be husband has his about 11 yrs ago..
I took 2 home pg test both where neg.1st one on Dce 31 2nd on on Jan 17th..
I went to my dr and she ordered a blood test,they tested for pregnacy and memopose both where neg...
Ok thats cool with me,but what my body is telling me is that there is something still going on,I can not eat,drink coffe or even smoke on full cigarette due to Im so nauseated in the am,
I have noticed just in that last few days that my breast have filled out from a "A" cup to a "B",I press on my tummy just below my belly button I feel presure on my uterus...I have all the other symptoms of being pregnat..
Im probly jumping the gun here I do have another appt with her tomorrow mornin.. I have 2 kinds 26,and 25...
Hope that you know what Im talking about....thanx :)
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:03 am

User avatar Hi MzVenge,
I hope that with your appointment a repeat pregnacy test and hormone studies were repeated. In my opinion an ultrasound would be warranted as well.
 MzVenge - Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:54 am

thanx for the reply,I didnt get a copy of my blood test papers I would have liked to.any way I had another appt for yesterday,my doc did a pap and felt my cervix she mummled I feel nothing I feel something..More blood was taken for more testing,even for mono LOL..Its just too early to test positive for pregnacy,If I don't start my monthly by 2/6/05 Im takeing a hpt...I did ask my doc for a ultrasound,I have to wait for the refural,ok...I asked my hubby to be if he wanted to go with me and he told me that if it doesnt take all day,I can work 1/2 day then its okay too,I guess that work is more inportant than my and my health.....On 2/6/05 it will be 8 weeks Im hoping that it is true and in another way I hope that its not true,Im looking at my age,I have nevered had to deal with daycare,Its been 25 yrs sence I had my daughter,she herself just had a baby on Nov 3 04 my second grandson....No matter what Im okay with it....

These are all of my symptoms:

dizziness/light headed
lower back presure (dissipates when I sit)
nausea
tiredness
breast's filled out
tender nipples
can not fit into my size 29 jeans
heavyness below belly button
no coffee,food
smoking is limited to almost nothing especialy in the mornins and mid afternoons
(Good thing no matter what)
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:23 am

User avatar Hi MzVenge,
It won't take long for an ultrasound to be completed, about 1/2 hour if your bladder is full.
Maybe your husband response is because of a little "shock". I'm sure he cares about your health and well being :) He may not know exactly how to sort through his feelings in the event that you are pregnant. As you well know it's a life changing event which may take him a little longer to accept than you. I'm certainly glad to hear that no matter what the outcome you will be happy. Now keep in mind that your symptoms may mean you are pregnant but other conditions cause them as well. Stress, thyroid dysfuction, changes in hormone levels, etc. etc. can cause missed or late cycles as well as some of your above symptoms. You may want to repeat your home pregnancy test. Some may at first test negative because of the lack of hormone secretion from pregnancy. Use your first morning urine because this is when the HCG (pregnancy hormone) is in the greatest quantity. Good luck to you and keep us posted :)
Thank you for using https://www.doctorslounge.com
 MzVenge - Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:48 am

Sorry that I havent posted in a few days..
I got my answer to what is going on with me yesterday..Im entering "perimenopause",I don't know why my doc couldnt tell me this last week or on monday...my doc's office never called me back!!! thats not right...

I started yesterday....Everything is okay...thanx for the support...

What I still don't understand is why perimenopause would have all the signs of being pregnant??
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:22 pm

User avatar Hi MzVenge,
I'm glad for you that you finally found out the results but I can understand your frustration over the waiting time. Some, (but not all) of you symptoms could be attributed to your cycle being near. However I do hope that your doctor will still recommend the ultrasound just to be sure that everything is normal otherwise. In my opinion this is still warranted.