Question: missed period need help

lilacdreams2639 - Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:41 pm

Hi, I'm 27 years old, almost 2 years ago i had my son, immiediatly after i gave birth i had emergency surgury to remove my gall bladder that had become ganerine, and attached to my liver and i hemorraged some during surgury but all in all i came out of it ok, my periods we're good at first, they came right on time for a few months, but slowly they got more and more irregular, first it was a couple days here and there i was late but now its getting more serious, in sept i did not get a period, oct, nov and december i was fine, but i did not get a period again this month, my last period was dec 3 and pregnancy is not possible, i am not on the pill but i have not had intercourse either, in october my doc did an ultrasound on my overies, and they we're fine. i would like to have another child someday and i am scared i am becoming infertile or somthing is seriously wrong, but i also no i can be haulting it myself worring about it, and in all fairness i am working 2 jobs right now and i am a single mother so i'm stressed alot but my periods we're never irregular before i gave birth...please help! :? [/b]
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:24 pm

User avatar lilacdreams2639,
It seems that you have probably diagnosed yourself. Stress (both physical and mental) plays an important role in causing irregular cycles. If this situation continues or you stop having cycles for the equivalent of 3 cycles consecutively then you should seek medical attention at once. Otherwise my advice is to try to live a healthier life. I know that is easier said than done. But it is doable to some extent.
 lilacdreams2639 - Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:39 pm

well i have had cramps like i'm going to start but it just hasent happened yet i'll give it time see what happens and than take it from there.