Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: absence of menstruation

REEBABINO - Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:19 pm

Dear doctor,

I am worried regarding absence of menstruation for the last 3 months. I am 24 years old married woman without children. upto june 2004 my periods were regular, after that an irragularity was noticed in my periods. then I waited for three months and then I consulted a gynacologist and she told us after a scan and blood analisys that all happened from stress only and suggested projestron injection. Then after 10 days menstruation started. After that we waited for another 3 months but the same story, consulted the same doctors and she prescribed the same injection and also told me to take contraseptive pills for six months. these days i think i am gaining wait also. Please advice me...urgently
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:54 pm

User avatar Hi REEBABINO,
Can you tell me what these blood tests were. I need to know that to tell you if there are additional tests that can help you reach a diagnosis.
Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us