Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Period and still pregnant?

Rhon114 - Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:49 am

I've been charting for several months now and all my charts have looked like some really good PG ones. This time I thougth for sure it was happening. I had spotting for a couple hours a day before my period was due and then I had some bleeding for 2 days but it wasn't that heavy. Someone mentioned that maybe it was breakthrough bleeding and maybe I was actually PG. I don't want to take a PG test just to see it be negative. With the charting my temps were pretty high and stable this last time around. They dropped the two days I had bleeding and they jumped right back up to where they were before. Normally they drop and stay down.

Does anyone have any ideas what my body is doing to me or have any suggestions?
 Shelly S, RN - Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:12 pm

A couple of thoughts come to mind. When did you experience this bleeding? Was it around the time you expected your period, or a week or more before you expected your period? At times, women do experience implantation bleeding if pregnancy has occured. Usually, implantation is bleeding is very light, and brownish tinged. Of course, your bleeding could be this, or it could be a period; its hard to say. If your charting temps dropped significantly around the time you bled, that usually indicates pregnancy did not occur. All in all the only true way to know is to take a pregnancy test.

Shelly, SN
 Rhon114 - Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:18 am

My charting temps were 98.3, 97.9(neg hpt & spotting), 97.6(menses), 97.6(nenses), 98.1, 98.0, 98.0(spotting), 98.2(spotting after intercourse) and today is 98.4.
[url]http://fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php[/url]
[url]http://fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php[/url]
 Shelly S, RN - Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:45 pm

Wow, very confusing. I can't be of too much help because I really do not know. (Only a test knows for sure) It is odd that the temps went back into the pre-ovulation range. Have you taken a pregnancy test this week? I would reccomend taking a test with first morning urine asap. The only definite way to know is pregnancy detection.

Good Luck!
Shelly, SN :D
 Rhon114 - Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:54 am

I haven't taken a test this week yet. I will probably do so tomorrow. Especially since my temp went up again today. Do you think that I could have had breakthrough bleeding or late implantation?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us