Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Negative Results

jterry - Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:24 am

If you have missed your period by 3 days and then take a pregnacy test and it results in negative- Does that mean you are definitely not pregnant? Are there better tests to use than others? I used a generic store brand. Should I be spending a lot to get better results?
 kristi - Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:48 pm

I know what your going through because I've missed my period for about 2 weeks now and I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. So I don't know if I'm pregnant or not. I just have to wait a week or two and take another one because I took the preg. test too early I believe. You might of have taken your preg. test early too. Try frist response preg. test. Hopefully you'll start your period soon .
 jterry - Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:35 pm

Well it is now Feb 21 and still no period, I actually have a dr's apt for next week to get blood work done. My mother had negative pregnancy tests b/c her HCG levels are really low, it's been 8 weeks, no period.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:15 pm

User avatar Hi jterry,
If HCG levels are low a urine pregnancy test may read a false negative. A blood test would be able to determine whether or not you are pregnant.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us