Question: ecv breech baby

mark - Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:38 pm

my wife was today diagnosed with breech baby she is 36 weeks pregnant
doctor wants to perform external cephalic version tommorrw
we have some reservations as to it but at the same time we do not want ceasarian section
how safe is the procedure and how adviseable is it to go ahead with it as suposed to giving the baby more time to turn around by itself?
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:32 am

At 36 weeks, this procedure will be uncomfortable. Also at 36 weeks, the chances of the baby flipping on his/her own are diminishing. Your physician would be the best to directly question about this.
 Addie'smommy - Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:07 am

I have been taking Apex for weight loss for the past 5 months. I have been taking ortho novum for the past 9 months. I have already had 2 pregnancies in the past 4 years, 1 living, 1 abortion. Since it seems so easy for me to get pregnant: Could I be pregnant now if i was supposed to start a new pack of birth control on Saturday, Oct. 1, but I missed that pill and Sunday, Oct. 2nd's pill and had unprotected sex on that Sunday night (Oct.2)? The first day of my last period was on Monday Sept. 25, and ended on Thursday, Sept. 29. I am now having breast tenderness. I also would like to know: I caught up my birth control and still kept taking my apex, if I am pregnant is this effecting my pregnancy and possibly hurting the embryo? Thank You so much for your help!