Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Help!?!?

Rhon114 - Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:19 pm

I am trying to get pregnant and have been charting my temps and that to track my ovulation. Last cycle I thought I might be PG but I took one test and it came back negative. I spotted on the day that I tested and then I had what I think is my period the next two days but it was light and only lasted those two days. My temp shot back up to where it was before I started my period which is only .3 lower than my highest temps in my 2 week wait. Could it be possible for me to be pregnant? Should I test again? Do you recomment charting?
 Shelly S, RN - Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:45 pm

Hi there. How many days past ovulation were you when you got a negative test? How many days are your cycles usually? If you were 5-8 days past ovulation, sometimes light spotting could be implantation bleeding. On a typical pregnancy chart, the temps will rise with ovulation, and continue to stay elevated if pregnancy did in fact occur. Pregnancy can only be confirmed with a + test. I would test again, and if you are still unsure, call your doctor for a blood test.

Shelly, SN
 Rhon114 - Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:12 am

I was suppose to be about 15 DPO when I tested negative. My normal cycles have been 28-29 days long and usually my LP is 16-17 days long. I could post the link to my chart possibly if that helps but it probably won't. I am planning on testing again though if my temps stay up which they are still way up today.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us