Question: Help!?!?

Rhon114 - Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:19 pm

I am trying to get pregnant and have been charting my temps and that to track my ovulation. Last cycle I thought I might be PG but I took one test and it came back negative. I spotted on the day that I tested and then I had what I think is my period the next two days but it was light and only lasted those two days. My temp shot back up to where it was before I started my period which is only .3 lower than my highest temps in my 2 week wait. Could it be possible for me to be pregnant? Should I test again? Do you recomment charting?
 Shelly S, RN - Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:45 pm

Hi there. How many days past ovulation were you when you got a negative test? How many days are your cycles usually? If you were 5-8 days past ovulation, sometimes light spotting could be implantation bleeding. On a typical pregnancy chart, the temps will rise with ovulation, and continue to stay elevated if pregnancy did in fact occur. Pregnancy can only be confirmed with a + test. I would test again, and if you are still unsure, call your doctor for a blood test.

Shelly, SN
 Rhon114 - Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:12 am

I was suppose to be about 15 DPO when I tested negative. My normal cycles have been 28-29 days long and usually my LP is 16-17 days long. I could post the link to my chart possibly if that helps but it probably won't. I am planning on testing again though if my temps stay up which they are still way up today.