Question: Endometriosis?

NikkyLeClair - Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:05 pm

I have had severe pelvic pain for 3 months ( I had a baby 3.2 months ago). I do have a history of painful periods assoc/ with lower back pains or both sides. I have had 2 ultrasounds (and I am having a third tomorrow) and an MRI, but they can't seem to find the cause of this extreme pain. I did have an ovarian cyst, but it was only 2cm. I can't wear anything but elastic waist pants, if and when I do have intercourse I am in even more severe pain for 2-3 days and anti-inflammatories don't help. My doctor won't give me anything for the pain, and I really feel like she is giving up on me. I called three weeks ago, and I am still waiting for a call back. I don't know what to do. Oh yah I forgot to mention my uterus is still at 12 cm. We have done three trials of methergine. At one point it went down to 10cm. I did have a biopsy done to check for endometritis, and that came back normal, however, I did develop an infection from that three days later. Please respond. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Nikky
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:21 am

User avatar Hi NikkyLeClair,
Let me start by first saying, even a small (2 cm) ovarian cyst may cause significant pain. Did you have a vaginal birth or a c-section? The measurement or your uterus is abnormal, has there been any mention of a D&C?
 NikkyLeClair - Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:11 am

I had a vaginal birth, and my midwife did mention a D&C, but then the GYN said she didn't think it was necessary, because she couldn't find evidence of products of conception left. The thing about the cyst is it is on my right side, and the most significant amount of pain is on my left, and what appears to be the tops of my uterus. Thanks so much for your replies and time

Nikky
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:25 am

User avatar Hi Nikky,
I would have to agree with your midwife. In my opinion since your uterus is larger than it should be at this point further investigative studies are warranted. If you have placed a call to your physician, and a return call to you has not been made, call back! Occasionally messages are missed etc. and in my opinion you need evaluated. At the very least I would expect an explaination for the abnormalities. Again, call the office back and if you have to wait on hold for your call to be answered, do so.