Question: breast/labia massage for fibromyalga

goldenbee23 - Fri May 15, 2009 1:20 am

A friend of mine has just told me that she is going to a massuer for massage to help aleveate pain from fibromyalga. He massages her breasts/nipples and her labia/"fleshy folds" along with the rest of her body. She is a bit naive and is a virgin and I am having trouble believing this is legitimate theraphy. Her doctor didn't send her to a massuer but she says is is legitimate massage for medical treatment. My question is--Is this a legitimate massage theraphy or is she being taken advantage of? I hope I didn't place this question in the wrong forum, but I don't really know which category fibromyalga is under. Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:49 am

This is definitely not mainstream treatment for fibromyalgia and I would be inclined to suspect something unprofessional, as you have suggested. I would encourage your friend to see a rheumatologist for this. While massage may help the achiness that goes along with fibromyalgia, I know of no specific labia or breast massage to help.

Thank you for being concerned for your friend. I hope you will be able to influence her to get another opinion.