Question: Tight Womb

Nassau Beauty - Thu May 21, 2009 3:14 pm

I had a vaginal birth with my first child 8yrs ago and had to had an emergency C-section with my second child 10mos ago. When I went to have an IUD inserted the doctor said that my womb is too tight for it to go through, why is this?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:28 pm

I have never heard of this problem before. I wonder if you would do better with a different style than the one your doctor was using. I have not been able to find any information about this condition. You should ask your doctor for more information. Since you have had a vaginal delivery and a C-section would not change the size of your uterus, I am puzzled.

In the meantime, have you found a contraceptive method that works for you?