Question: IS IT IMPLANTATION BLEEDING OR BREAK THROUGH BLEEDING?

YOUNGCARRIEA - Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:39 pm

:? I HAVE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL (ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO) FOR A LITTLE OVER THREE MONTHS. I AM SEXUALLY ACTIVE. I WANT TO BE PREGNANT BUT MY BOYFRIEND DOESN'T. I WAS DOING SOMETHING VERY MEAN, AND I DECIDED TO MISS 2 ACTIVE PILLS (THE LIGHT BLUE ONES) IN ORDER TO ACTUALLY OVUALTE. I STARTED BLEEDING ON FEBRUARY 8, 2005 (MY LAST PERIOD WAS ON JANUARY 26, 2005). IF IT WERE IMPLANTATION BLEEDING IT WOULDN'T BE UNTIL FEBRUARY 17, 2005...I WAS JUST WONDERING IF IMPLANTATION BLEEDING COULD COME SOONER THAN I THOUGHT OR IF IT WAS JUST BREAKTHROUGH BLEEDING FROM MISSING 2 PILLS...PLEASE, I NEED TO KNOW...I AM SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY TOMORROW AND I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A CHANCE THAT I AM PREGNANT SO I CAN POST-PONE THE OPERATION & X-RAYS. EMAIL ME AT YOUNGCARRIEA@YAHOO.COM, REPLY TO THIS, OR IM ME ON AOL/AIM AT NAVYGIRL0515....PLEASE HELP ME! I NEED HELP WITHIN THE NEXT EIGHT HOURS!!! PLEASE HELP!!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:12 am

User avatar Hi YOUNGCARRIEA,
First let me tell you that this forum is no place to evaluate yourself 8 hours prior to surgery. Your doctor is the one that should be asked this question. This forum is only here to help you understand. In that sense I will provide you with information but will not answer your question.
It is the first few pills of the cycle which are critical in stopping the process of ovulation. As such "break-through" ovulation, though rare, can occur.
Implantation bleeding can happen at the time the fertilized egg implants in the uterus, on average between 6 to 12 days past ovulation.

Call your doctor even if this is not pregnancy going into surgery with break through bleeding without telling your doctor may be hazardous!