Question: Clearblue tests, birthcontrol, period. CONFUSED?

Bomitsyu - Mon May 25, 2009 5:59 pm

How accurate are clearblue easy digital pregnancy tests? Are they just as accurate 19 days after unprocted sex?
I took one 19 days after unprocted sex, one 3 days later (22 days after sex), then another a week later, which was the second day of my period(28 days after sex). They were all negative...
I also started birth control the day of unprotected sex. I am now getting nausious and bloating. This is the first week of my second pill pack... How likely is it that im pregnant?!?
ALSO, when we had sex, my boyfriend did not ejaculate and hadnt in the past week.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:45 pm

I think it is highly unlikely you are pregnant considering the details you have shared. You are not likely to conceive while on your period, in the first place. If he withdrew before ejaculation, this would further decrease the odds, though it is possible with pre-ejaculate containing sperm. But along with the timing and the negative tests, it seems like the symptoms are more likely due to your pills which alter hormones and sometimes take a few months for your body to adjust. These are relatively common side effects.