Question: Green Vaginal Discharge

msimko - Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 am

I am 19 years old and on some days i have a green vaginal discharge that has the texture of cottage cheese, other days it's a white clear like milky discharge that has a faint odor. i am not itchy nor am i in any pain. i am not sexually active and never have been. is this anything to be concerned about? what is it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:51 pm

I would suspect vaginosis, most likely bacterial. This can be treated and it is caused by a disruption in the pH of the vagina. It is very common so you should see your doctor for accurate diagnosis and treatment. If you become very ill, especially with fever, you should be seen right away.