Question: Tubal Diverticula

blessing - Wed May 27, 2009 2:48 pm

This is my first time on this site, so I would first like to say thank you for any information you may share with me....

I recently had a HSG test done. I only have one tube(ectopic preg), the right one, and wanted to know if it was funtional. The dye went straight through, however, the dr. did say that she wanted to know what the 'diverticulum' she saw was about. I understand that is is a 'small pouch' in my tubes, but what I don't know is will it prevent me from getting pregnant. PLEASE HELP!!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:37 am

This condition can be associated with decreased fertility by interfering with sperm reaching the egg or due to ectopic pregnancy by trapping the fertilized egg in the tube. However, there are plenty of cases of women becoming pregnant with this condition so you do not need to give up hope.