Question: trich.

kaycee - Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:00 am

Does someone know something about this?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:46 am

User avatar Hi kaycee,
If you are referring to trichomoniasis, signs and symptoms for females are: vaginal itching, a large amount of a frothy appearing vaginal discharge, a greenish/yellow discharge with strong or foul odor and may be sexually transmitted.
 lilamae0204 - Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:12 pm

[quote="kaycee"]Does someone know something about this?[/quote]
:cry: Kaycee, i wish i had an answer for you. I was DX with trich. approx. a month ago. I have only been sexually active with 3 men in 41 yrs. and only 1 in over 7. My OB/gyn stood in front of my husband saying " it was only sexually transmitted" i KNOW THERE IS OTHER WAYS TO GET IT!! THERE HAS TO BE. MY HUSBAND WAS NEG. HE ASK TO BE TESTED. SO, NOW THE ONLY MAN I HAVE EVER LOVED THINKS I HAVE NOT ONLY BEEN UNFAITHFUL BUT ALSO GOT A STD.. i AM ON THE VERGE OF LOOSING IT. I HAVE SEARCHED , CALLED CDC IN ATLANTA AND I CAN'T FIND AN ANSWER. ALL I KNOW IS IT CAN BE GOT FROM WAYS OTHER THAN SEX. BUT, I CAN'T FIND OUT HOW I GOT IT.
I HAVE HAD BACTERIAL MENN. IN SPINAL CORD AND NUMEROUS OTHER BACTERIAL INFECTIONS IN THE LAST 2 YRS. I AM ALSO ON STRONG ANTIBIOTICS. I KNOW THEY WILL CAUSE YEAST INFECTION. BUT TRICH? IT HAS DESTROYED MY LIFE. I DON'T KNWO YOU .. I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE TO YOU. I HVE NOT HAD SEX WITH BUT 3 MEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. AND I AM 41 YRS OLD. AND TO GET TRICH. ?? AND NOT BEEN WITH ANYONE SEXUALLY BUT MY HUSBAND IN OVER 7 YRS..
I HAVE TALK WITH NUMEROUS PROFESSIONALS. SOME SAY, WATER. TOWELS, I DON'T KNOW.. ALL I KNOW IS IT CAN BE GOT FROM OTHER WAYS THAN SEX!!!
i AM WALKING , TALKING, PROOF!!

GOOD LUCK..
LILAMAE
 lilamae0204 - Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:35 pm

Kaycee,
Calll the center for diesease control in atlanta. they can give you info. on it. i do know it is a parasite and like i said: i know it can be contacted other ways than sex. i have read it can even come from toilet seats. i got so wrapped up in my situation i forgot to give you some advice or answers. Also, the health dept. was alot of help to me. I was so wrapped up n it . I was fixing to have my cat tested.(called vet. & talk with them).
i do know i never knew i had it. if not for urinalysis i would have never known.
because i had no symtoms , or none that i knew of. i thought it ws all ffrom a uti. infection. I was also told it can start out as a bladder infection and turn in to trich.
I wish i could help you. i can't even help myself now. i am still searching.
good luck.
let me know if you find anything.
lilamae
PS>> sorry about the long previus answer
 lilamae0204 - Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:38 am

[quote="Rntdj"]Hi kaycee,
Rntdj[/quote][quote][/quote]

You say " it may be sexually transmitted? I was DX with Trich. and I know with no doubt at all... there has to be other ways to get it. I have been sexually active with one and only one man in over 7yrs. He ws negative!1
Please... if you have any info. on other ways to contact it shed some light on my situation. It is litterally driving me crazey!! I do not know how i got it.
The 1rst time it showed up was in a Urinalysis. I normaly have at least one done every 2 weeks due to other medical problems.
any info. you have will be GREATFULLY APPRECIALTED!! It has consumed my life for the past 2mnths. I have searched for an answer until I don't know where else to turn.

Thanx,
lilamae0204
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:01 am

User avatar Unlike most STDs, Trichomoniasis can live for a few hours on damp towels, washcloths, and bathing suits. If someone uses these towels or washcloths or puts on the bathing suit, the disease may be passed on that way. The good news is that trichomoniasis is curable
 lilamae0204 - Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:15 am

[quote="Gracie01"]Unlike most STDs, Trichomoniasis can live for a few hours on damp towels, washcloths, and bathing suits. If someone uses these towels or washcloths or puts on the bathing suit, the disease may be passed on that way. The good news is that trichomoniasis is curable[/quote]

Gracie01
I saw that you were in the DR> lounge,if you have a second would you please shed some light on my situation. i was dx with trich, i have only been sexuallu ctive with 3 men in 41 yrs... only 1 in over 7yrs. Trich. showed up in a urinalysis. I can't and don't know how i got it. my husband was neg.
I am on numerous anti.. have had MRSA, bac. menn. mycobacteria fortuitum, and neurogenic bladder all in the past 2-3 yrs. all bacterial infections were in spinal cord from a L4 L5 decompression. Infections have damaged nerves and myscles in surrounding area of spinal cord. i have UTI"S at least 2-3 times a mnth if not more.
Is it possible the trich. came from a uti infection.. it is consuming my life and destroying my marriage. I do NOt KNOW HOW I GOT IT... i HAVE ONLY BEEN SEXUALLY ACTIVE WITH MY HUSBAND .. AND ONLY 3 OTHER MEN IN 41 YRS. CAN IT COME FROM CONTA. WATER.? IS IT POSSIBLE MY HUSBAND OR MYSELF HAD IT FOR OVER 7 YRS.
i KNWO IT WOULD ALMOST BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO HAVE HAD IT WITH ALL THE TEST I HAVE HAD DONE IN THE LAST 2YRS. it WOULD HAVE ALREADY SHOWN UP .
1RST POSITIVE URINE WAS 8-20-05. WAS ADMITTED TO HOSP. AND HAVEN'T HAD ANOTHER POSITIVE SINCE THEN. iS IT POSSIBLE IT WAS A FALSE POSITIVE. AND IT WAS OTHER BACTERIA IN MY URINE? i AM GRASPING AT STRAWS HERE.
i AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO HAS AN STD!!!!!!
sex, IS NOT JUST SEX IT IS ABOUT LOVE.. THIS HAS TORN MY WORLD APART.
WHEN I FOUND OUT I HAD IT , I COULDN;'T LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR,. kNOWING I HAD BEEN WITH NO ONE!!! BUT MY HUSBAND IN OVER 7YRS. NOT ONLY DOES HE THINK I HAVE BEEN UNFAITHFUL BUT .. ALSO GOT AN STD!!
HE WAS NEG.
PLEASE HELP.
LILAMAE0204
 lilamae0204 - Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:19 am

Gracie01,

I am searching for an answer as to Trich!! I was DX with it in Aug. I am 41 yrs ols and have been sexually active with ony 3 men in my entire life.. I know its seams impossible but it is the truth!! Only 1 in at least the last 7yrs.. My husband which tested NEG.
I hve had numerous Bacterial inf. in my spinal cord in the last 3 yrs. (csf leak, bac. menn.
mycobacteria fortuitum, MRSA. aslso neurogenic bladder) Currently taking antibiotics . DRs say " i may have to take them for another year. already been on them for 1 year
This has litterally blew my mind. NOW not only does my husband think i have been unfaithful but, also have an STD... It is destroying my life. Just not knowing where it came from..
I have 3 yrs nursing myself.. Could it be possible my kidneys are throwing off the bacteria or parasite that causes Trich? could i have gotten it from a UTI> ?? could I ?? I am grasping at straws here. I can 't apply the medical knwoledge i have to this situation. not only being able to look at it at a perspective point of view,.,. DUE to the Abscesses on brain from Menn. i can't remember most of the nursing i learned..
If yo have any answer .. please help before this not only destroys me life but my sanity also.

thank you,
lilamae.
 lilamae0204 - Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:34 pm

Gracie, i have posted numerous request as to how to get trich. i was DX with it and there is no way it came from SEX!!!
you can read my post and see my Medical History..
If you have any info.. please..help me!!!
lilamae0204
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:43 pm

User avatar As I said, trich can live in wet towels for a few hours. If you had used an infected towel, it is possible to have been infected that way.

Many STds, including Trichomoniasis can be asymptomatic, meaning, it is possibble to have it for many years with no symptoms. That means you may have gotten it before you were with your husband and never knew it until now.

Could it be possible my kidneys are throwing off the bacteria or parasite that causes Trich? could i have gotten it from a UTI> ?? could I ?? I am grasping at straws here

As far as I know, this is not possible. Trich is only sexually transmitted. I believe your possibilities of infection came from an infected towel or blanket you used, that you were always infected and did not know it. That your husband was infected and had a false negative on the test. ALthough you haven't been sexually active with any other men...have you had any intimate contact with anyone else?
 foreveryurs - Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:54 am

You need to be tested again to be absolutley sure you were correctley diagnosed.Accidents though rare do happen.
 lilamae0204 - Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:31 pm

[quote="Gracie01"]As I said, trich can live in wet towels for a few hours. If you had used an infected towel, it is possible to have been infected that way.

[quote]Could it be possible my kidneys are throwing off the bacteria or parasite that causes Trich? could i have gotten it from a UTI> ?? could I ?? I am grasping at straws here[/quote]

As far as I know, this is not possible. Trich is only sexually transmitted. I believe your possibilities of infection came from an infected towel or blanket you used, that you were always infected and did not know it. That your husband was infected and had a false negative on the test. ALthough you haven't been sexually active with any other men...have you had any intimate contact with anyone else?[/quote]
[quote] GRACIE01
the answer to all is NO. I have not been intimate with anyone other than my husband in as i said Over 7yrs,. and as to haveing it for a long time i have had to have urinalyisis done at least weekly. DUE to the other infections i have had in spinal cord. been in hopsital with UTI at least once a mnth for the past 6mnths with UTI"S due to neurogenic bladder. I didi use a towel and wear some of my daughters clothing at one time . BUT, i had her tested and she was NEG.
As for my husband it was my OB/GYN who tested him. i was told that she could not accurately test him .. I don't know.. all i know is i have not have sex with only 3 men in my entire 41 yrs of life and onely one in over 7yrs. Somethingis not right. and i can't put my finger on it. I get told i am being laughed at and no one believes me.. BUT< I AM TELLING IT JUST LIKE IT IS!!!! There is no way i got it from sex!! if my husband doesn't have it. [/quote]
 lilamae0204 - Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:36 pm

quote="foreveryurs"]You need to be tested again to be absolutley sure you were correctley diagnosed.Accidents though rare do happen.[/quote][quote]
THANX.. for the smile i cried adn smiled at the same time. It is hard when you knwo something to be true and no one believes you. especially the one that counts.
Ther eis no way i got it from sex. I have only been sexually active with 3 an in 41yrs and only 1 in over 7. Am i being punished and just don't know it. I am told everyone is laughing at me and no one believes me. But... i knwo and that is what counts!!!!!!!!!1[/quote]
 foreveryurs - Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Unfortunatley;It does not look like your going to track this down;which seems to be the plurality of the problem you have as it has already been diagnosed and presumably treated.
There are instances of Trich being transmitted thru towels;washcloths;and bathing suits.Nothing recorded I can find thru toilet seats.(Trich likes moisture)Trich is sometimes asymptomatic in women;but I have never heard of a gestation period for the virus as long as your talking about but rather limited to months at the longest.
Below I am including a link to a Childrens Hospital Website that clearly lists wet towels and clothing as a possible source of transmission.There are many other health sites on the internet that say exactly the same thing.I would hope your husband;once confronted with this information would concede it is possible you could have contracted the STD thru such.
I hope you can resolve this with your husband.I'm not so sure your in need of medical referral as possibly a 3 way talk with your physician;yourself;and your husband and/or a marrige conselour.I hope the link helps;and I hope everything works out for you sweetie.
Click here!
 lilamae0204 - Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:10 am

[quote="foreveryurs"]Unfortunatley;It does not look like your going to track this down;which seems to be the plurality of the problem you have as it has already been diagnosed and presumably treated.
Click here
foreveryurs:
Thanx for the reply just knowing someone cares enough to take the tiem to answer means alot. cried again from the smile!!
I can't figure out what or how this has happened . i have been sick for 2-3 yrs now. many bacterial infections. MRSA, bac. menn. 3 back surgeries. and was just getting back on my feet , almost back to my same ole self again. and now BANG. here this is.
as you see it is 7:55 am here and have been on here looking for an hour at least. this consumes my entire day. If i only knew how or where i could move on . I lost my 31 yr old sisiter to a diesease called pulmonary fibrosis, no known cause or cure. i searched for years trying to locate where she got it. and now its as if i am reliving the search all over again. only this time its a little differnet.
I go weekely having urinalyisis done, hoping it may show aGAIN. but, it hasn't showed but once and that was in Aug. i spent 3 days in hosp. and never hads another positive .
My OB/gyn admitted me to hosp. due to other infections i had in past . to be sure i got the right antibiotics.
I have never had anything like this b-4. If i only knew how i got it.. i have trcked myself adn retracked trying to find out where i was , who i was around, and nothing.!! had my dgter tested, wore some of her clothes before i was positive. as i said" it's just the thought that no one believes me . or should i say " anyone that really counts"' and the really sad thing is the week b-4 i was positive i was away from him for 3 days with my dghter.
We have only been married for a little over a year. He is the love of my life and to hear him say " everyone is lol at me knowig i got it sexually is what hurts the most. I don't knwo you , have no reason to lie to you. to me sex is not something you have with just anyone. now he thinks not only have i been unfaithful i have an STD. or had. BUT, i KNOW THER ISA NO WAY I GOT IT FROM SEX> UNLESS HE HAD IT BEFORE WE MET> BUT < THAT HAS BEEN almost 7 yrs agao. and it woudl have already shown up with all the test i have had and hosp. admittions.
I was so desperate i ws going to have my cat tested and the water at our home.
Quess it is soemthing i wil have to learn to live with . not knwoing. but, i am not one to give up without a fight. i have been searching for almost 2 mnths now adn i will continue.
THANX AGAIN
:) lilamae0204
[/quote]
 lilamae0204 - Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:27 am

[quote="lilamae0204"][quote="foreveryurs"]Unfortunatley;It does not look like your going to track this down;which seems to be the plurality of the problem you have as it has already been diagnosed and presumably treated.
Click here
foreveryurs:
THANX AGAIN
:) lilamae0204
[/quote][/quote][quote]

foreveryurs,
thanx again for attempting to help with my mystery.
I have came to the conclusion that it is and always will be just that a mystery. I have searched and been tested weekly hoping it will show up again. and i can track myself back and have a shoter road to go down. as for my husband, he doesn't mention it much anymore, BUT, i can tell it is still there. I think in his heart he knows with me haveing all the other bacterial infections in spinal cord, and my immune system being bottomed out I got it from as my infectious diesease DR. said" anywhere".
As i said though" I can still feel it there " the thoughts, wondering and not being absolutely sure.
He is a wonderful man and loves me very much as i do him also. So, we will try to get past this and be what we were before this happened. We have been through alot and always came out still more in love than ever. This is something though that is going to take some time. I don't expect him to get ove rit over night. I sit and see him wondering and hurting not knowing .. I have tried to reassure him and hopefully when i go abck to my Infectious Diesease DR. at Mayo. he can sit adn talk with us about other ways to get it.

AGAIN THANX FOR YOUR CONCERN.
LILAMAE0204[/quote]
 dmg123 - Thu May 07, 2009 1:25 pm

It seems a lot of us, have the same question. I had trich, yet never went outside of my marriage. My husband who has demanded he never did, and I believe him, never did. I understand the transmitting between each other, and the need for a prescription to stop the back and forth, but I never understood how it originated. I'm upset, and want to believe my husband the way I want him to believe me. So is there anyway, whatsoever, you can get this parasite (Trich) and not have gotten it from a sexual partner? At the time I was diagnosed, believe it or not, my doctor told me, "oh it's common, you and your husband have to take the pills at the same time." Never once saying it was a std, never. Can someone give me logical information that I could understand.