Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Long fleshy growth attached to bottom og Vaginal wall

 Afrin - Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:44 pm

Earlier today, I found this fleshy, long growth literally hanging out from my vagina. It is relatively thin and flesh colored, and I think around an inch long. It starts near the opening of my vagina and is attached to the wall. Frankly, I'm scared that this could be serious and if anybody could help me get any information on this before I go to my gyno I would be soo thankful.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:52 pm

User avatar Hello,
This sounds like a polyp and these are harmless, requiring no treatment unless they cause pain or bleeding. Women often have them without even being aware.

Try to relax until you see your doctor - chances are excellent it is nothing serious.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us