Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Morning After pill

Swoode - Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Alright so i suppose 2 have my period May15th. May 27 i was still late, i had sex, nd he came so i toook the after pill may 28th 7am nd second pill 7pm. @ 12am May29th he did it again...so i take anotha after pill May 30th..period comes 3hrs later. June 15th no period, July 15th no period. took tests, negative. feel uncomfortable. Am i pregnant nd the after pill is affecting my test?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:21 pm

User avatar Hello,
The morning after pill or plan B can definitely affect your periods and it can even make you feel a little unwell. The cycle interruption can go on for a few months due to the strong hormones you took. But, it does not affect your pregnancy testing so don't worry about that. I would strongly recommend that you find a birth control method that will work for you before you have sex, rather than after. This emergency contraception is not meant to be a method of birth control for regular use. Your doctor or family planning clinic (including Planned Parenthood) can help you get a pill that you take daily or maybe you can find another method that will work. Condoms are quite reliable when used properly, though nothing is 100% except abstinence.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us