Question: I have pus and blood in my discharge, please advise

greeneyesblue - Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Thank you very much for your time.
This morning while I was showering, I washed my vagina and I found what looked like pus on my hands which smelt very peculiar. When I got out of the shower, I examined my vagina with a mirror and I had passed three black clots the size of a finger nail. Since then I have had a watery, bloody discharge with a dull ache from the ride side of the uterus radiating towards my right kidney. I've not had unprotected sex since my last visit to the sexual health clinic (everything was clean) and I haven't missed a period although I did miss a pill about 6 days ago.
Will this pass on its own or should I visit my doctor?
Thanks for taking the tie to read this.
-B
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:09 pm

In addition to sexually transmitted diseases, there are yeast and bacterial infections that anyone can get. These are easy to treat so if that's the cause of the odor and discharge, don't be alarmed. You will need to be checked to see if it is bacterial or yeast. The dark spots are likely just some old blood and nothing to be worried about. It may all resolve on its own and it's fine to wait and watch for a time to see what your body does but if it persists or gets worse, itches or burns, you should see your doctor.