Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: itchy bump an my perineum area

 coytoy - Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 am

I have a itchy bump an my perineum area. Since i have been rubbing it it has gotten bigger and now I am having other pop up on this area. I thought I had a ingrown hair because it came up when I shave now I am thinking I might also be having a allergic reaction to cream i use to help with ictching I don't know any thoughts?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:28 pm

User avatar Possibly a fungus infection, which would respond to canesten creme.Altenatively a seborrehic dermatitis,an intenal allergy may present perineal pruritus.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us