Question: I am so scared!!!!!

tffny - Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:06 pm

I have been having vaginal bleeding for the last 3 days. Just last week I had my regular period. But now I hve beeen passing clots of blood, and a light discharge of blood. I have that is a couple of years older than I am, and I asked her if she had these syptoms before and she told me yes. She also said that this normal being that I just had my 25th birthday and my body is re routing its self or something of that sort. I just need to know should I be worried. I have had very little pain in the stomach, but it is coming back regularly now. Please can anyone tell me what might be going on with my body. I am so afraid to go to the doctor cause I don't want him t tell me that it is cancer. If anyone knows what is going on please help.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:37 am

User avatar Hi tffny,
Abnormal menstrual cycles may result from any number of things from stress, illness, irregularities in hormone levels, thyroid function, and so on. Don't automatically make the assumption that it would be any sort of cancer before the other possibilites or anomalies are ruled out. Get an exam, the worst thing about fear is the unknown.........