Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: NEGATIVE PREGNANCY TESTS, BUT STILL FEEL PREGNANT

YOUNGCARRIEA - Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:56 pm

HI...I HAD A WEIRD PERIOD ON JANUARY 26, 2005 THROUGH JANUARY 30, 2005...IT WAS LITE IN FLOW AND LIGHT PINK (THERE WEREN'T ANY CLOTS {AT ALL}) MY "PERIOD" WAS 3 DAYS LATE...I AM ON BIRTH CONTROL (ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO) BUT I STILL THINK I AM PREGNANT...I HAVE TAKEN LIKE 10 HPT AND THEY ALL SAY NEGATIVE I TOOK A BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST AND NEGATIVE AS WELL...IT IS NOW FEBRUARY 16, 2005 AND I STILL THINK I AM PREGNANT...MY BELLY IS GROWING AND MY BREAST ARE BIGGER AND MY NIPPLES ARE WAY SENSATIVE AND I OCCASIONALLY FEEL LIKE I AM ABOUT TO THROW UP (HAVEN'T THOUGH) AND I HAVE AN EXCESS OF SALIVA AND I'M EATING LIKE EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY AND I GET HEADACES AND I GET THESE REALLY BAD LEG CRAMPS (IN THE CALF). IS THERE EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE THAT I COULD BE PREGNANT AND JUST NOT BE PRODUCING ENOUGH HCG? I REALLY WANT TO BE PREGNANT...IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE HELP ME SO I CAN HURRY UP AND GET OFF THE BIRTH CONTROL...THANKS VERY MUCH (IN ADVANCE)...EMAIL ME @ YOUNGCARRIEA@YAHOO.COM OR REPLY TO THIS.

THANKS FOR READING THIS...

Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:20 am

User avatar Hi YOUNGCARRIEA,
What concerns me about your post is not whether you are pregnant or not, it is the complaints of pain in your calf. Any complaint of calf pain in someone whom is on birth control needs evaluated for possibilities of a blood clot in the leg. Call your physician!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us