Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: pregnancy

ouch66 - Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:19 pm

can u get pregnant when ur on ur period? and how early do signs appear ........ i have crampy sickness in my pelvic area.......
 NikkyLeClair - Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:21 pm

I can say w/certainty you can get preg. while on your period. As a result, I have two babies.

Nikky, MA
 jterry - Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:50 pm

What is a crampy sickness, was curious if that is a symptom? Haven't received my period yet and wondering symptoms?
 NikkyLeClair - Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:21 am

It wasn't a crampy sickness really, but w/ my second baby whenever I would get even a little hungry I would vomit, and this started a week after conception. A few weeks later I developed severe headaches, which lasted a couple of weeks. Are you hoping to be pregnant?
 jterry - Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:17 pm

Yes, my husband and I both started trying in December, it's been 8 weeks and no period, we have our fingers crossed.
 Kirsty_Oz - Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:33 pm

Hey there; there is a chance of become pregnant if you had intercourse whilst you had your period.
have you had subsequent menstrations? cramping alone wouldnt indicate a pregnancy, but then again different women experience different things.
If you still unsure as to whether you are pregnant take a pregnany test or visit your doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us