Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: lump between vagina and butt

 jmkpdk - Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:53 am

After a long car ride, I started having a pain between my vagina and butt. There is a lump. It is the size of a small marble and hard.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 am

User avatar Hello,
Most likely this is a benign and harmless cyst or an infected follicle. It may go away on its own but if you want a firm diagnosis you should see a doctor. These skin conditions can usually be treated by cutting or freezing if they don't disappear in time and/or give you problems.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us