Question: I dunno what it may or may not be

firexnxicex4 - Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:07 pm

I am 29 and a mother of four. No drinking, no smoking and no drugs. There are two purposes for my question and/or concern.

1) I have been experiencing sharp pains in my chest for about a year now, they are sparatic. No rhyme nor reason. Just a sharp pain that usually last a few seconds to minutes then vanishes for days, weeks or months.

2) Recently, quite recent, within the past few months I believe, I have been experiencing a pain in my abdomen. Again there is no rhyme or reason to the pain but it usually occurs while I am sitting and is so sharp and severe that I can not move literally. I feel that I would break. It is a sharp pain that last only a few seconds to a minute or two but it is as if you are glued in the position the pain began in. I am not sure if this would be a problem from my tubal ligation but that was done in November of 2002. Also every month or two I get a sharp pain around my ovary that last about two days but the pain is constant and there 24 hours a day for the time I have it.

Can I get help with any of these. I do have a history of migraines and am stressed but nothing uncommon.

Thank you.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:39 am

User avatar Hi firexnxicex4,
It sounds as though the chest discomfort may be muscular in nature. Ovarian cysts may cause significant abdominal pain and if you have not had a gynecology evaluation along with some diagnostic studies for example, an ultrasound, I would suggest you do so to identify the causative factor.