Question: Lump- under urethra

help.please09 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:54 am

I am sorry for being descriptive but I'm concerned! For a few weeks I've had a lump that starts under my urethra (the actual opening) and goes into my v****a. It isn't just a smooth bump, it's abnormally shaped. I have no pain when I pee and no abnormal discharge or smell. It has been painful (especially during sex) but now is kind of uncomfortable to sit and walk, and it started itching a few days ago. Any ideas?? Thank you so much!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 pm

I wonder if you have a bartholin gland cyst. Is it on one side of the opening to the vagina? This type of cyst can be identified easily with an exam so you should schedule this with your health care provider for a definite diagnosis. The cyst is usually not painful but can be tender, especially with intercourse so you may have it removed, but of course this treatment will depend on the actual diagnosis.