Question: Took Morning After Pill, Wondering What the Hormones Cause ?

eastdancer - Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi, I Took the morning after pill 5 days ago... It didnt bother me at first but now my vagina is a little itchy (Nothing too bad) And Kinda has a little tingling feeling. Nothing else is wrong other than those two things...So i didnt know if this might be caused from taking that pill or If it could have to do with anything else!?!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:24 pm

The hormones in plan B are very powerful and each person responds differently so it could be the result of this. It could also be a yeast infection coming on so if it continues you should be checked and/or treated if needed. You can watch and wait at this point but don't be surprised if it affects your periods for a few months. That is the most common response to the hormones.