Question: am i pregnant?

amandarose - Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:32 pm

I have been on the pill for a month and a half now, I think I got my period after the first month, although it was way early and I thought it was spotting originally. I have about 8 pills left or so till the 7 placebos and when i should get my next period, but I am still really nervous that I am pregnant. I have been really bloatedfor the past week , and have felt nausea randomly every day. My breasts are really tender and they feel like they're getting bigger. I also have some lower abdominal pain. I have never missed a pill, but I'm still really scared that, due to all of these symptoms, I am pregnant! Please offer some advice...I hope I'm just being paranoid.

Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:53 pm

User avatar HI amandarose,
Generally speaking, when one is on birth control pills, the menstrual cycle occurs at some point during the week that you are taking the placebos. Keep in mind that you cycles may be somewhat different in flow and duration than what it was prior to initiating the pill.