Question: period+alcohol+condom break+pill after = worried guy

unprotected - Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:23 am

a girl with a period that drank alot of alcohol and the condom breaks in the sex after and the guy finished inside, she took a pill after .. what would happen? does it reduce the effectiveness of the pill? does it disable it?
the girl doesn't want babies..

thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:39 pm

I am not sure what the pill is that you refer to. Was the girl taking birth control pills and this is when she took the daily pill or are you referring to the plan B pill for emergency contraception? If so, these are quite effective in preventing pregnancy and you should not worry.

Do you mean you worry about the alcohol? This would not affect the birth control method if it is used properly without missing pills. If the condom is the only method of birth control used, there could be concern if you are not referring to contraceptive pills here.

I would need more clarification for this question I think.

Best wishes