Question: Help?

pinklipgloss - Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi, I'm quite new, and only 19 years of age. I have never seen a Gynecologist before, even though within the past 2 months or so I have seriously thought about finding one. I feel embarassed to talk about anything below my waist, but I have decided that I need to figure out what's wrong with me. Okay, for the past few months or so I have had severe itching during the late stages of my period, and after. It didn't bother me much, I figured it was probably just the pads I was using, and I left it as that. Now recently, I have found a strange rash on my vagina. It's not red, but it is flaky and dry. It is very irritable, and causes me to stray from jeans. Also, there is a discharge that I can't describe, it's clear, but not exactly. Really hard to explain. I do have a skin condition called Eczema, that I figured maybe spread to that part of my body. But a nagging voice in the back of my head won't accept my own diagnosis. Should I go and see a Gynocologist? Or can one of you try to help me? I'd truly appreciate it, thank you.
 alaaelfeky - Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:36 pm

hi there and welcome to the lounge... I'm quite new here myself...
I think you took a great step by asking about your condition.. and a gynecologic check will definitely not hurt.... I would like to add that you are probably suffering from a vulva and vagina infection which commonly presents with itching and a discharge and skin changes... the infection is caused by a fungus called candida.... and it is not too dificult to treat but it tends to recur...so if it turns out to be candida infection....be sure to ask your physician to advise you about the best ways to avoid its recurrence...