Question: Depo Provera and Pregnancy

pinkphone - Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:45 pm

I got Depo Provera on Aug. 18 2009 at the start of my period, I was bleeding for a week then it stop. I did get a pregnancy test before I got the shot and it was negitive. On Sept. 14 2009 my period came on again at first I was spotting then I was bleeding regular. It is now Oct. 22 2009 and I have been bleeding from light to heavy ever since Sept. 14 2009 also I have signs of pregnancy. I was woundering can I be pragnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:30 am

A change in your bleeding is the most common side effect of hormonal contraception so it is probably just your body adjusting to the hormones. Bleeding is rarely a symptom of pregnancy, especially continuous bleeding. Give yourself a little time to adjust and try not to worry about this.