Question: I have thick skin like strands of discharge with foul smell

Jennyz - Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Occasionally after intercourse, The next day my vagina will become extremely dry, and start developing a foul smell, the next day I then start getting what looks like skin in strands all bunched up coming out. It has the same smell and really disturbs me when it happens. This usually only happens after alot of intercourse and I'm wondering if its something to do with my cervix or ovaries? Also the last time it happened I got my period the next day. It was due. It usually lasts for a week maximum. I would really like to know if theres anything I can do to prevent this in the future as it doesn't seem normal.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

You should have this checked out since foul odor is often a symptom of infection. These can be treated but you need to find out the source to get the right medication - yeast or bacteria. The strands are not particularly concerning since discharge does vary with the individual. Still, you should discuss it with your health care provider.