Question: virgen, vaginal odor and itch, discoloration??

lazybug92 - Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:43 pm

I am 17 years old and a virgen. However, there is always a bad vaginal odor anditch almost everyday. Also, the color of my clitoris and lavia area is blackish-grayish. I asked my doctor about it once during a physical and she looked at it briefly, but she she said nothing was wrong. She just recommended that i wash. Which I do. It doesn't hinder the color, odor, or itch. It'd be nice if one day when I'm married I could have sex without being really sefl conscious about what's going on down there. What's wrong with me???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:00 am

Of course the first thing to check is hygiene. Daily bathing with soap and water or body gel is important to reduce odors, which are quite natural in the pubic area due to bacteria, perspiration, and yeast growth in the warm, moist environment. You may have yeast overgrowth which requires treatment with an antifungal cream. You can use as directed on the package, or ask the doctor if this is what is plaguing you first. The itching is the symptom that makes me suspect this. Often there is also more discharge when that is the case. An additional measure for you is to use only cotton crotch underwear and clothes that breathe, are not too tight and some people find if they reduce their intake of sugar, they have fewer of these problems.