Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Appears as vaginal ulcers/sores

 michaelj018 - Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:39 am

For the past 4 days i have experienced severe vaginal pain and swelling. Pain is sometimes so bad that i feel faint. It also appears as if there is a sore that looks much like a large mouth ulcer. I have been trying to treat this with antiseptic/anti-fungal/bacterial cream and asprin. I have not experienced much improvment. What could be wrong? and how to i cure this problem or treat the pain?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:11 am

User avatar Hello,
I think you need to see your gynecologist or family doctor about this. You could have herpes or some form of sexually transmitted infection. You definitely need a positive diagnosis and treatment which cannot be prescribed without an exam.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us