Question: Uterine Didelphys

EleanorPatricia1 - Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:38 pm

I found out I have uterine didelphys in nov 03. Since then I have been searching for everything I could possibly find on the subject because my husband and I want to start trying this August for a baby. The one question I haven't gotten an answer for is will I still have my period when I'm pregnant if I'm only pregnant in one side? And if that's the case how am I supposed to know when I'm pregnant???? If anyone has any information on the subject please let me know!
 alaaelfeky - Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:01 am

hi
when you get pregnant your periods will stop completely from both uteri... that is because menstruation is a response to ovulation.... and when you get pregnant, ovulation stops...
Having said that, you should understand that rarely some women experience some periodic bleeding during early pregnancy....and this might happen to you... but they usually do not resemble a period...other women may get bleeding which represents a threatened abortion..or any other type of abortion,... so whenever you think you're pregnancy is there ;or whenever you get irregular cycles... iniform your physician...and GOODLUCK