Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Uterine Didelphys

EleanorPatricia1 - Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:38 pm

I found out I have uterine didelphys in nov 03. Since then I have been searching for everything I could possibly find on the subject because my husband and I want to start trying this August for a baby. The one question I haven't gotten an answer for is will I still have my period when I'm pregnant if I'm only pregnant in one side? And if that's the case how am I supposed to know when I'm pregnant???? If anyone has any information on the subject please let me know!
 alaaelfeky - Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:01 am

hi
when you get pregnant your periods will stop completely from both uteri... that is because menstruation is a response to ovulation.... and when you get pregnant, ovulation stops...
Having said that, you should understand that rarely some women experience some periodic bleeding during early pregnancy....and this might happen to you... but they usually do not resemble a period...other women may get bleeding which represents a threatened abortion..or any other type of abortion,... so whenever you think you're pregnancy is there ;or whenever you get irregular cycles... iniform your physician...and GOODLUCK

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us