Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 10 cm fibroid and lump in back

 had123 - Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 pm

I have a large fibroid which I believe is on the back of my uterus. I am waiting results of a MRI. I noticed I have a tender egg sized lump in my lower right back. I am wondering if it is possible the lump I am feeling is the fibroid and if it is common to be able to palpate fibroids in the back? Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would not expect you to be able to palpate the uterine fibroid this way. You should have it checked out, however to find out what is causing this lump.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us