Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Brownish Discharge after Mastrubation followed by Bleeding!

EcSkim0 - Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Good Day,

I am a 21 year old Female, who is sexually active with one partner. Yesterday I decided to masturbate and insert a round tube into my vagina...etc. I then noticed I had brown discharge a few minutes later, and then chose to insert a Q-tip with Hydrogen Peroxide on it and swabbed. Today, when I woke up and used the restroom, I wiped and noticed I had blood. I am 1 week and a 1/2 or so away from my next menstruation period. I have also been diagnosed with HPV low grade and had a mild cold last week(I took some medication). What is wrong with my body?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:07 pm

User avatar Hello,
I suspect you just had a little trauma that caused the bleeding. It is not likely to be of concern unless bleeding continues. I suspect whatever was injured will heal soon.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us