Question: Sex after 1 week of no birth control

dancingnancie41 - Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 pm

I've been taking the pill regularily for 3 months. At the end of my last pack I had to wait a week before I could get a new pack. I'm on my new pack, and I have been for a week. Is it okay if my boyfriend and I have sex without protection?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 pm

Are you saying that you had two weeks between taking active pills (one week of inactives, then one week of waiting for the new pack)? If so, you should not have intercourse without backup birth control for the first month. Once you start your next pack (on time) you should be covered.